- Ensure you have a valid Tool Library membership by either signing up as a new member or renewing your existing membership.
- Members will no longer be able to enter our main storefront space.
- If you would like to borrow a tool, you will need to call or text The Tool Library (716-510-1745) during our standard hours of operation with your tool request (*Note that we are only able to accommodate same-day tool requests).
- A volunteer will confirm availability of the tools you need (either over the phone or via text)
- Our location is transit accessivle via the NFTA Metro. Parking is also available on street along West Northrup Place as well as behind our building. Please DO NOT block the driveway alongside our building. The pizza delivery people will get very spicy 😉
- When you arrive at The Tool Library please wait in your car or on one of the teal X’s in front of the shop front for a volunteer to bring out your tools. Call or text (716-510-1745) to let the volunteer know you have arrived
- Go forth and build great things with your borrowed tools!
- Please sanitize your tools before returning them to The Tool Library. Recommended ways to sanitize tools can be found on the CDC’s website.
- Members do not need to call or text when returning borrowed tools.
- Tools can be dropped off during regular hours of operation at 9 W. Northrup Place, right next door to The Tool Library’s main storefront.
- The door will be unlocked and there will be multiple tables labelled “return” that members can place their tools on. If tools are too large or heavy to be placed on the table, please place underneath or next to the returns table.
- Tools will then be sanitized and checked into our system by a volunteer
- Please do not leave tools outside The Tool Library outside our regular hours of operation
MEMBERSHIP SIGN-UP & RENEWAL
We still encourage everyone to process their membership sign-ups and membership renewals remotely via our website and the myTurn platform, which can be done here. If you’ve forgotten your account password, you can reset it via the email you have on file with us.
If you do not have a smartphone or access to the internet, our volunteers can print you an application that can be filled in outside the shop
We advise that people in the most at-risk groups (older people and people with immunocompromisation) do not come in to participate in tool borrowing. If you are in one of these groups and need assistance, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate or connect you to help.
We ask that those individuals who are exhibiting flu-like symptoms and/or have come in contact with someone known to be sick please refrain from visiting The Tool Library and borrowing tools. Common symptoms of the influenza virus may include the following: High Fever, Headaches, Fatigue, Cough, Sore Throat, Runny or Stuffy Nose, Body Aches, Diarrhea and/or Vomiting. According to the CDC, common symptoms of the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19, may include: Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath and/or Difficulty Breathing. If you are experiencing even mild symptoms, or have come in contact with anyone who is ill, please stay home.