- Ensure you have a valid Tool Library membership by either signing up as a new member or renewing your existing membership.
- While we HIGHLY encourage walk-in visits, members can still call or text same day reservations during our regular hours of operation (716-510-1745).
- We will NOT accept reservations via email.
- If members are not able to pick up items the same day, we can NOT accept their reservation.
- We will maintain a waitlist for high-demand tools
- We will no longer offer curbside service. Members will need to come into the shop to pick-up their tools.
- One member will be allowed to come into The Tool Library at a time.
- If someone is already in the shop, please wait on one of the teal X’s you’ll see on the sidewalk outside.
- Please sanitize your tools before returning them to The Tool Library. Recommended ways to sanitize tools can be found on the CDC’s website.
- Items will no longer be dropped off next door at 9 W. Northrup Place
- All items need to be returned in-person to The Tool Library’s main storefront
- This will help ensure tools are checked in and any issues with maintenance/operation can be addressed
- Please do not leave tools outside The Tool Library outside our regular hours of operation
MEMBERSHIP SIGN-UP & RENEWAL
We still encourage everyone to process their membership sign-ups and membership renewals remotely via our website and the myTurn platform, which can be done here. If you’ve forgotten your account password, you can reset it via the email you have on file with us.
If you do not have a smartphone or access to the internet, our volunteers can print you an application that can be filled in outside the shop
We advise that people in the most at-risk groups (older people and people with immunocompromisation) do not come in to participate in tool borrowing. If you are in one of these groups and need assistance, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate or connect you to help.
We ask that those individuals who are exhibiting flu-like symptoms and/or have come in contact with someone known to be sick please refrain from visiting The Tool Library and borrowing tools. Common symptoms of the influenza virus may include the following: High Fever, Headaches, Fatigue, Cough, Sore Throat, Runny or Stuffy Nose, Body Aches, Diarrhea and/or Vomiting. According to the CDC, common symptoms of the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19, may include: Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath and/or Difficulty Breathing. If you are experiencing even mild symptoms, or have come in contact with anyone who is ill, please stay home.