THREE WAYS TO RESERVE TOOLS
- Please utilize one of the methods listed above to reserve your tools ahead of time.
- For same-day pickup, reservations need to be made by noon of that day.
- Tools will be available for pick-up in The CoLab located right next door to The Tool Library (9 W. Northrup Place). When you come in to pick up tools there will be a table to your immediate left, labeled “PICKUPS” for tools to be picked up.
- Your order will be labeled with your name. It will already be checked out, you can take it and be all set. You should receive an email confirmation with your due date.
- If someone is in the CoLab when you arrive, please wait outside until they exit to come in.
- You do not need a drop-off time as long as you are dropping off between 2-6PM on Thursdays and Fridays or 10AM-2PM on Saturdays.
- We recommend sanitizing your tools before returning them to The Tool Library. Recommended ways to sanitize tools can be found on our website: www.thetoollibrary.org/covid19
- Please make sure The CoLab is empty before going in to drop off.
- Tools should be returned to The CoLab right next door to The Tool Library (9 W. Northrup Place). When you come in to drop off tools there will be a table to your immediate right, labeled “RETURNS” for tools to be dropped off.
- Please place your tools to be returned on the table. If tools are too large or heavy to be placed on the table, please place underneath or next to the returns table.
MEMBERSHIP SIGN-UP & RENEWAL
As we resume tool access via our Tool Library To-Go service, extension of memberships will come to a close. All members active on March 17, 2020, will be extended by 46 days automatically.
We will be processing all membership sign-ups and membership renewals remotely via our website and the myTurn platform. Please visit www.thetoollibrary.org/tools/ and choose either ‘Log In’ or ‘Create Account’ to pay for your membership.
If you’ve forgotten your account password, you can reset it via the email you have on file with us.
Please note volunteers will NOT be able to process membership transactions in person.
We advise that people in the most at-risk groups (older people and people with immunocompromisation) do not come in to participate in this system. If you are in one of these groups and need assistance, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate or connect you to help.
We ask that those individuals who are exhibiting flu-like symptoms and/or have come in contact with someone known to be sick please refrain from visiting The Tool Library and borrowing tools. Common symptoms of the influenza virus may include the following: High Fever, Headaches, Fatigue, Cough, Sore Throat, Runny or Stuffy Nose, Body Aches, Diarrhea and/or Vomiting. According to the CDC, common symptoms of the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19, may include: Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath and/or Difficulty Breathing. If you are experiencing even mild symptoms, or have come in contact with anyone who is ill, please stay home.